Thursday, June 17, 2010

How badly have I ruined my hair?? Please answer!?

I'm a male, I'm growing my hair and I straighten it. No I'm not an emo or anything I just love long straight hair, I've been doing it about 5 months it's got very dry and split ends are climbing my shaft I think. Do I have to get them cut? And If so I will. But before I get them cut can I do something to stop them climbing the the shaft and getting worse so I can get my hair bit longer then trim my split ends? and after that what can I do to continue straightening with minimum damage? Please o please help me I feel horrible!



How badly have I ruined my hair?? Please answer!?

You MUST get them cut or they will just get worse and worse. The only way to fix a split end is to cut it off, none of those so called fix products work, they just temporarily glue the ends together and in essence make the problem worse by prolonging the cutting of the split end.



The reason you are getting them and why your hair is so dry is because when you use a straightener or hair dryer on your hair to straighten it it is drying the hair out and basically sucking the moisture out of the hair. If you continue to do it it's just going to get worse and worse. Take advise from an experienced hair styling female - make sure you ALSO put good product in the protect your hair before using straightening equipment and always always always make sure you don't do it excessively (ie leave the dryer on the hair so long it basically burns it). If you look closely at your hair if you use a dryer you will see what I mean, the one piece of hair will be thin then think then thin because bits have been burnt off by the dryer.



How badly have I ruined my hair?? Please answer!?

you probably need to get .5 cut off and make sure to use mosturizer it helps



How badly have I ruined my hair?? Please answer!?

You are causing MAJOR damage by using a staightener every day or even often. I hope you are some kind of spray that protects your hair from heat damage before you do this...and some type of silk therapy oil. You need to stop straightning it all the time. Use just a blowdryer to straighten it when you can and moisturize condition moisturize condition!!!!! Nip the ends every six weeks or so. Good luck!



How badly have I ruined my hair?? Please answer!?

Hi , let me first say that any Chemical used on the hair to change it's Structure will in time Damage the cuticle , and that results in split ends and a whole lot of other possibilities !! The only way to stop a split end from running up the shaft is to cut it off !! The sooner the better .. Now If you are doing this at home , please stop and find a Good Hairstylist , You said you have been doing this for 5 months , but you haven't said how many times it's been done in that 5 months ? Is it just a Root touch up or are you doing you whole head each time ? Do You have Black Hair , Caucasian or what ? Are You Blow Drying your hair ? These are all very important Questions !! My advice is ,, CUT , See A Professional , and always use a great Shampoo and Conditioner along with a once a week deep conditioning treatment . Chemicals open up the cuticle of your hair so it can be processed , your cuticle is not closing after this process is done , leaving it open for damage !! Good Luck and I do hope this helps !!



How badly have I ruined my hair?? Please answer!?

get bald.. best way to protect ur hair



How badly have I ruined my hair?? Please answer!?

Well, straightening all the time ruins A LOT. I can't tell u to stop it because that's your style and it looks good on u. But I what I can say is that u should cut the split ends as soon as possible, and these months try doing the best for your hair because winter is coming. So that means that from now on u should trim every month or so, and since u straighten your hair u should also deep condition and hydrate it well.



I also had the same problem. My hair is waist length and I wanted it even longer, but didn't know if I should cut it or not. I still didn't visit my hairdresser, but I know I should, and I feel so guilty. Choosing between style and health is difficult.



If u want your hair longer, give it the best anti-split ends care as possible. And then cut it. It would be best if u stopped straightening for some time, but if u don't want to then u will have to use excellent hair masks and conditioners. Just get good products, and when u think it is time for it, go cut the split ends. And don't worry, if u get rid of them your hair will grow the same length in very little time. And if u don't do it u will only get dry, damaged hair that grows slowly.



Hope I helped!



How badly have I ruined my hair?? Please answer!?

Step 1.



Get the to a hairdresser and have those split



ends cut off!



Step 2.



Buy a good moisturising shampoo and



conditioner (Loreal, Redkin, Schwarzkoph,



Goldwell).



Step 3.



Buy a leave in conditioner and some heat



protecting product. The leave conditioner is



put in after the shower, then you put in the



heat protectant.



Step 4.



Dry your hair off with medium heat until it is



properly dry!



Step 5.



When you wake up, spend 5 minutes



in the morning running the straighteners over



your hair. Make sure you're using a straightener



with ceramic plates and a temperature gage



that can be adjusted to suit your hair type.



Recommendations:



* It is not healthy to run the straighteners over



your hair more than once a week. If you do



ensure to use the products mentioned above.



* Go to a salon and have a deep conditioning



treatment once every week or, alternatively,



every four weeks.



* Have your ends trimmed regularly. A trim can



be as little as 2mm off the ends if you look after



your hair. It's purpose is to "freshen up" your



ends and to stop any splits from travelling up



the hair shafts.



Pep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd