Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why do people stereotype emo?

People get pissed off when you stereotype black people, or mormans, or any other things, so why do it with emo.



Everyone things all "emo" kids do is cry and wear black, and cut their wrists.



I am "emo" I guess, and I am a Christian, I'm not depressed any more than any other teenager, I definatly don't cut my wrists (None of my friends do that either).



Emo isn't so much a label like prep or country, its a style of music. I listen to emo/ alternative music, and I just so happen to dress kind of like they do. So what if I like wearing conversing and having my hair in my face. I was wearing my hair in my eyes before I even knew what emo was.



Why do you stereotype us, when you hate it and get mad when people do it to you?



Why do people stereotype emo?

every body stereotypes everybody. Whether or not people get upset. People still stereotype black people, old people, teenagers, other races, other groups, genders and everything else. Its like only hicks like music. Well in high school I wore all black and listened to country, does that make me hick or goth? People are too deep, they have too many dimensions to stereotype them into a group. Anyone who stereotypes is not worth your time and if they are, explain how what they are doing hurts you, even if it is not you they are stereotyping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd